There are reasons to celebrate each year like birthdays, weddings, engagements, promotions, graduation, Christmas, Thanksgiving, prom, victory celebrations, and so on. They aren’t complete without a bottle of wine to share with everyone. We anticipate the pouring from one glass to another, making a toast for the gift of family and friendship, giving thanks for our good health and beautiful life – to be grateful for all the blessings that we received.
When you want to bring something to the party, wine is what’s frequently in mind, and not all of us are well aware of the dos and don’ts of choosing the best wine. Below are some tips on bringing the perfect bottle to a party.
5 Tips On Bringing The Perfect Bottle Of Wine:
1. Don’t be so uptight in choosing the right wine. If you are wondering whether the host prefers red or white wine, it is better to focus on what’s the best. He or she wouldn’t mind you picking one over another. Whether it is red or white, as long as it is a bottle to share, it is perfect. Go with what most people love during celebrations like Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Grigio, and Pinot Noir.
2. If your host loves wine, you might want to spend up a bit, say $20 and up. People who like wine drink quality more than quantity, and you have a high chance of choosing the right bottle when you raise your budget up. We couldn’t deny that most of the time there is a reason why something costs more because the quality makes it worth it.
3. Know who will be attending the party so that you will have an idea of what type of wine to bring. If most of the attendees are wine lovers, then you are somewhat obliged to come up with the best bottle to impress them. However, if you are unsure of what the guests would like, it is safe to buy the wine you sure love.
4. Packaging is essential as well. It may not matter how you bring it, but it does, so you might as well think of a unique way to carry your wine like placing it in its box with a tag or card with a personalized message. You can also bring along some desserts, maybe some flowers to match the box of wine.
5. Depending on the number of guests, it is better if you can bring two bottles of wine, but of course, one is perfectly fine. Having more options though is better and it will somehow ease you of worrying about whether the host will like the one you brought. Bringing two bottles would lessen the chance that he or she wouldn’t like it, and if that happens, the thought that you brought two is something to count.
Wine, wine, wine. They may all seem the same, but for people who have the heart for it, each detail makes a huge difference. Indeed, it is quite challenging to come up with the perfect bottle of wine to bring to a party where the host has an eye to everything in a bottle. However, if he or she knows that you aren’t, that means you are entirely off the radar, but it is always nice to bring some form of “wow” to the host or anyone at the party. Bringing in the perfect bottle is still one of the best contributions you could make.
Nonetheless, the most important thing you could bring to the party is YOURSELF. So as much as you want to impress your family and friends, your presence is what counts!