It Calls For A Drink! 15 Health Benefits Of Wine
Drinking a glass of wine a day for longevity is not a secret anymore. Doctors have been prescribing it along with enough exercise and a healthy diet. People are starting to appreciate wine, outweighing the fact that it could be addictive. Red wine has many health benefits. However, people should understand that it is all about drinking moderately.
15 Health Benefits Of Drinking A Glass Of Wine A Day:
- Drinking a glass of red wine a day is good for the heart as it contains resveratrol and proanthocyanidin. These are compounds which aid in fighting diseases. Experts reveal that moderate consumption of red wine helps in lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Red wine also contains powerful antioxidants that reduce low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (bad cholesterol).
- Wine is beneficial to our digestive system as it has a prebiotic effect aiding in bowel movements.
As ugly as it may sound, wine contains bacteria which are beneficial to digestion. Studies show that low-alcohol red wine is beneficial to intestinal bacteria, because of its polyphenol compounds.
- Alcohol drinking is one of the signs of depression. However, studies show that moderate drinking can help in reducing the risk having it. Wine is beneficial to mental health as long as it does not exceed seven glasses a week. It also helps in improving the mood that’s why most people who drink wine are always laughing and smiling. They tend to not focus on worries and stress.
- Moderate drinking of red wine helps in reducing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease, a type of dementia or memory loss. It also influences cognitive function which can affect daily life. It comprises about 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases.
- Moderate drinking of red wine helps in reducing the risk of type II diabetes which is one of the scariest and common chronic diseases affecting American
- Moderate drinking of red wine aids in producing vitamin K. It serves as a natural blood thinner, preventing blood clotting, therefore, reducing the risk of stroke.
- Moderate drinking of red wine helps improve brain function as its content enhances the neurons in the brain and prevents them from dying.
- Moderate drinking of wine helps in increasing calcium intake, preventing the bones from becoming brittle. It has high amounts of silicon, promoting bone mineral density that’s why it is beneficial in reducing the risk of osteoporosis.
- Moderate drinking of red wine helps in reducing the risk of cancer such as colon cancer, prostate cancer, and breast cancer. It contains antioxidants which fight free radicals that permit cancer cells to survive.
- Wine contains antioxidants which help in stopping the development of acne-causing bacteria. Drinking wine could be much more useful than putting topical medicated creams.
- Red wine helps in protecting the teeth from plaque-causing bacteria with its antimicrobial content.
- Moderate drinking of red wine helps prevent non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. It contains resveratrol, an antioxidant which helps in reducing cell damage. Experts believe that it aids in repairing damaged liver cells.
- Moderate consumption of red wine also helps in lowering blood pressure.
- Moderate drinking of red wine especially during a meal can help prevent weight gain.
Drinking alcohol may have a negative notion as it could be a sign of addiction and other mental issues like depression. However, with moderate consumption, drinking alcohol especially red wine could be very beneficial to our overall health, contributing to longevity. It may be tricky as to how much is healthy, but to be sure, you can consume a glass a day because anything more than that could do more harm than good.